The popularity of candle making at home has increased but we have stopped using tallow and replaced with natural plant waxes like soy and rapeseed. We have moved on from using the unpleasant smell of tallow to a whole new experience of many fragrant aromas.
The enchantment of a flickering candle seems to draw people together so why not give it a go.
Six Steps to make Container Candles
- Melt the wax by heating it up to 65°c
- Secure the wick to the container by using either glue or sticky pad
- Pour in the required amount of fragrance. Stir slowly to avoid bubbles forming
- Pour in to a pouring jug and then pour slowly and carefully into the container
Hint: Straighten the wicks and secure with pegs
- Leave to cool for 12-24 hours
Hint: Make sure there are no drafts
- Trim the wick, wipe and apply labels
Hint: Any imperfections use a heat gun or place under the grill to obtain a smooth finish
We supply a full range of candle waxes with our main focus on natural waxes:
- Palm free Stearic
Please contact us for further information, prices or request samples email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 526828 or take a look at our website www.poth-hille.co.uk.